The Eagles Scholarship Society is comprised of Florida Gulf Coast University alumni and friends of intercollegiate athletics who have chosen to support one of 15 varsity programs. Through membership in this society, donors have the opportunity to personally follow an athlete’s growth throughout his or her career as a FGCU Eagle. Membership is one of the most rewarding ways to become involved in FGCU Athletics. Eagles Scholarship Society gifts impact FGCU student-athletes from their first day on campus to graduation. Every component of FGCU Athletics is touched by the generous contributions of its members, including student and academic life, competition, facilities and graduation outcomes.
Based on your specific athletic interests, you are matched with a student-athlete. As a member, you determine the level of your involvement. Some choose to be very involved in getting to know their student-athlete (within NCAA rules, of course, which we will explain). Others find satisfaction in knowing that they are supporting a student-athlete from a specific part of the country or who is studying a particular curriculum without interacting with their recipient as often. Or, you may simply request to have your gift directed to a varsity program.
A minimum gift or pledge of $15,000/year for five years is required for membership in the Eagles Scholarship Society. Gifts are accepted from individuals, families and businesses. Gifts can be anonymous, if desired, or can be in memory or in tribute to someone.
Your benefits as a member of the Eagles Scholarship Society are:
• A student-athlete recipient and invitation(s) to all scholarship recipient & donor events
• Top priority for season, individual, and post-season game ticket requests (home and away)
• Reserved/VIP parking privileges for all home basketball games
• Eagles Scholarship Society functions and other special invitations
• Eagles Club Membership benefits at the highest level
• All Sports Pass (excluding basketball)
• Invitations to Alico Arena President’s Box & private suites
• The Donor will receive first-right-of-refusal for men’s and women’s basketball club level seats. Continuous membership in the Eagles Club and/or ESS is a prerequisite to retaining club level seats.
The Donor shall be acknowledged in accordance with the policies of the Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation, including but not limited to:
• In coordination with the Donor, FGCU Athletics will place the Donor’s name on the “Eagles for Excellence” recognition wall (located at the north end of Alico Arena, below the Hospitality Suite).
• In coordination with the Donor, FGCU Athletics will orchestrate the public announcement of this gift.
•The Donor may also be acknowledged through news releases, donor listings, and features in publications, including internet media.
The most important benefit of becoming a member of the Eagles Scholarship Society is the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to make the FGCU Athletic program one of the best in the nation.
How to Get Involved
Director of Athletics Advancement
For questions regarding NCAA rules pertaining to student-athlete and booster interaction, please contact Alex Masse, FGCU's Director of Compliance, at (239) 590-7573.