BUIES CREEK, N.C. – The FGCU men’s tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to the Campbell Camels on Thursday afternoon in Buies Creek, N.C. Sergio Rebolledo (Fort Myers, Fla.) picked up the lone point for the Eagles, winning a three-set marathon at number five singles. With the loss, the Eagles fall to 4-13 overall, 3-6 in conference play, while Campbell improves to 14-5, 6-2 in the A-Sun.
The Camels swept all three doubles matches to claim the doubles point, and the strong play carried over into singles play. Rebolledo earned a hard-fought victory on court five, defeating Ondrej Kalik, 4-6, 6-2, 7-6. That would be the only victory for the Blue and Green, as Campbell won the five remaining singles matches in straight sets.
The Eagles conclude the 2010 season on Saturday morning when they visit No. 54 USC Upstate. The match is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.
1. Davy Sum/Dominik Kaniewski (CAM) def. Thibaud Aime/Matthew Rock (FGCU) 8-0
2. Beto Mondini/Loukas Wallaart (CAM) def. Sebastian Leitz/Carlo Checchia (FGCU) 8-6
3. Ondrej Kralik/Larbi Lamzouri (CAM) def. Gabriel Echeverry/Sergio Rebolledo (FGCU) 8-2
1. Davy Sum (CAM) def. Thibaud Aime (FGCU) 6-3, 6-0
2. Beto Mondini (CAM) def. Carlo Checchia (FGCU) 6-3, 6-2
3. David Clavera (CAM) def. Sebastian Leitz (FGCU) 6-4, 6-3
4. Loukas Wallaart (CAM) def. Matthew Rock (FGCU) 7-5, 7-5
5. Sergio Rebolledo (FGCU) def. Ondrej Kralik (CAM) 4-6, 6-2, 7-6
6. Dominik Kaniewski (CAM) def. Mitchell Lvovsky (FGCU) 6-2, 6-2