Goodson, Studd to Appear on WRXY-TV’s Sports Light Wednesday at 9 p.m.
FORT MYERS, Fla. – With the first month of the 2012-13 athletic year nearly in the books, FGCU cross country coach Cassandra Goodson and women’s swimming & diving head coach Neal Studd appeared on WRXY-TV’s Sports Light hosted by Paul Lodato, which will air tonight (Wednesday) at 9 p.m.
The 30-minute broadcast can be seen on Channel 10 for Comcast subscribers in four different counties in SWFL, including Lee, and on Dish Network on Channel 49. The show will re-air on Friday night at 10:30 p.m. and Sunday at 5 p.m., and will also be streamed online at www.WRXYTV.com. A complete channel guide is listed below.
Goodson was the first to sit down with Lodato, discussing the 2012 men’s and women’s cross country season that begins this Friday when the Eagles host the FGCU Invitational at Buckingham Park in Fort Myers. The fourth-year head coach welcomes back a strong nucleus of runners on both squads, as FGCU will also play host to the 2012 Atlantic Sun Cross Country Championships on Saturday, Oct. 27, which will also be held at Buckingham Park.
Lodato’s conversations with Studd ranged from the program’s four consecutive Coastal Collegiate Swimming Association (CCSA) titles to his experience this summer coaching St. Lucia in the 2012 Olympic Games in his native country of England. Studd’s time at the 30th Summer Olympic Games saw the program’s only coach in its five-year history get a chance to share the experience with current FGCU swimmer’s Danielle Beaubrun (Vieux Fort, St. Lucia/The Bolles School) and Karen Vilorio (Teguciagalpa, Honduras/Elvel School), who represented St. Lucia and Honduras, respectively.
Where to watch WRXY-TV:
• Channel 49.1 - via air antenna
• Channel 10 - Comcast Cable; Fort Myers, North Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Lehigh Acres, Alva, Bokelia, Bonita Springs, Captiva, Estero, Naples, Pineland, St. James City, Sanibel Island, Cape Coral, LaBelle and Punta Gorda.
• Channel 22 - Comcast Cable in Englewood and Port Charlotte.
• Channel 44 - Comcast Cable in Arcadia.
• Channel 10 - Marco Island Cable.
• Channel 049-00 - Dish Satellite
• Channel 49-2 - International programming to the diverse cultures of Southwest Florida.
|Copyright ©2013 FGCU Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.FGCUAthletics.com|