FORT MYERS, Fla. - Florida Gulf Coast University and Streamline Technologies today announced the launch of the newly redesigned home for FGCU Athletics, www.fgcuathletics.com. The revised and updated site continues the partnership between FGCU and Streamline Technologies and will bring fans closer than ever to their favorite FGCU teams and student-athletes.
The site construction was a three-month collaborative process and was headed up by FGCU Interim Sports Information Director Mike Hill and Streamline Technologies.
''We are very pleased to announce the launching of our new website," said FGCU Athletic Director Ken Kavanagh. "Under Mike Hill's leadership, our Sports Information staff has been working dilligently all summer on this important project and are rightfully proud about providing these overall enhancements to all followers of FGCU Athletics. In turn, we very excited about our pending new features, most especially our offering of Live Stats and much more extensive Internet broadcasting of Eagle contests.''
Streamline Technologies, which is based in Franklin, Tenn., is a website design and hosting company that specializes in solutions for collegiate sports and minor league venues. The company, established in January 2000, has developed applications that help teams manage their entire online presence and currently provides internet services for several NCAA schools including Jacksonville University, Lipscomb University, and Valparaiso University.
“We are very excited to continue our relationship with FGCU,” said Alex Short, President of Streamline Technologies. “The new website offers an updated look and new features that we hope will make it easier than ever to follow FGCU athletics.” Some portions of the site are still under construction and will be added as they are completed. More and more features, including the completions of the archives, a virtual tour of the FGCU Athletic Campus, and the ability to download an RSS feeds, will be introduced and activated in the days to come.
New and enhanced features of FGCUAthletics.com include:
- Enhanced Navigation, Graphics and Design - It will be easier than ever for fans to follow their favorite teams with a site that is easier than ever to navigate and find the most up to date information.
- First Impression - The new site “pops”. The big bold pictures for the top stories will hopefully draw people into those stories.
- Focus - The new site will cater to two main groups – FGCU fans and recruits. This site will show recruits why FGCU is a great place to spend the next four (or more) years of their lives.
- Twitter - The FGCU athletic department now has an official twitter account updated by the sports information department. Follow FGCU Athletics at www.twitter.com/FGCUEagles to receive news and notes about the athletic department.
- Video - Video was at the top of the priority list for improvements to make on FGCUAthletics.com. The goal is to provide FGCU fans with as much video content as possible.
- Calendar and Scoreboard - The weekly events calendar highlighting upcoming FGCU athletic events still appears on FGCUAthletics.com, enabling fans and alumni nationwide to keep track of who is playing where. The scoreboard on the homepage is constantly updated and provides fans with the latest results.
- Live Stats - Live stats, powered by ICS Sidearm, will now be available for several of FGCU sports - Volleyball, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, Men’s Soccer, and Women’s Soccer - giving FGCU fans the opportunity to follow the game with up-to-the-minute statistics.