|News » Archives|
Cruz and Price Earn Northwestern Mutual Academic Honor
FORT MYERS, Fla. – FGCU Athletics has named junior men's cross country runner Argeo Cruz (Immokalee, Fla./Immokalee HS) and sophomore women’s golfer Georgia Price (Winchester, England/Fort Myers HS) as recipients of the Northwestern Mutual Academic Student-Athletes of the Month award.
Each month, the FGCU Sports Information Department and Athletic Academic staff will choose a pair of Eagles as the Northwestern Mutual Academic Student-Athletes of the Month. Factors in the selection for this honor will be a combination of superior athletic and overall academic success.
Cruz's October Accomplishments | 3.14 GPA | Community Health major
- Placed fifth at the Walt Disney World Classic
- Placed third at the UCF Black & Gold Challenge
- Placed 16th at the A-Sun Championship
Price's October Accomplishments | 3.26 GPA | Communications major
- Finished tied for 6th (+14) at the Xavier Invitational and helped FGCU place second
- Won the individual title at the JU Courtyard Classic (+3) on a three-hole playoff
- Finished tied for 9th (+8) at the Pat Bradley Invite
- Earned A-Sun Women's Golfer of the Week (Oct. 24)
The Glenn Black Group, a member of the Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, works to help secure and enhance the financial success and well-being of families and businesses in Southwest Florida. In addition to offering access to risk management products and solutions, The Glenn Black Group can provide a variety of related products that can help solve personal, retirement, estate and business planning needs.
Northwestern Mutual Financial Network is the marketing name for the sales and distribution arm of The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, Milwaukee Wisc. (Northwestern Mutual) and its subsidiaries.