|News » Archives|
Meador Earns Second Career #ASUNWBB Newcomer of the Week
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Freshman Katie Meador (Salem, Ill./Salem Community HS) helped lead FGCU to a pair of conference victories last week, and for her performances, she claimed her second career A-Sun Newcomer of the Week, the conference office announced on Tuesday.
For the week, Meador averaged 11.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals, while shooting 72.7 percent from the field and 66.7 percent from behind the three-point line.
In FGCU's 79-50 win over NKU (Jan. 19), she tallied two rebounds and a career-high 12 points in 13 minutes.
Meador, in the Green and Blue's 67-37 win over Lipscomb (Jan. 21), totaled 10 points, four boards and three steals in 15 minutes.
The Eagles, who are 83-8 all-time in the month of January and have won 26 consecutive A-Sun games, will be back in action on Saturday, January 26 when they host the Hatters of Stetson (15-4, 8-0 A-Sun) in a ‘Battle of the A-Sun Unbeatens’ at Alico Arena. Tipoff is set for 7:05 p.m.
A-SUN NEWCOMER OF THE WEEK:
Katie Meador, FGCU (Fr. – F)
- Second Career Newcomer of the Week award
- Totaled a career-high 12 points in just 13 minutes of play vs. Northern Kentucky
- Secured three steals in FGCU's 67-37 win vs. Lipscomb
- Shot 72.7 percent from the field in this week's contests
- In 15 minutes of action vs. the Bisons, tallied 10 points and four rebounds
Fans can follow FGCU on Twitter (@FGCU_WBB) and Instagram (@FGCUWbb) and on Facebook by liking FGCU Women’s Basketball (www.Facebook.com/FGCUWbb).