Eagles 1st After Day One of Miami Invite
OXFORD, Ohio - The 800-yard freestyle relay team set a new entry in the FGCU record books and freshman Rosy Murray set a new freshman record in the 1650-yard freestyle as the Eagles swimming and diving team got off to a great start after four events at the Miami Invitational Thursday.
The 800 free relay team of freshman Vicky Cadge (Long Melford, United Kingdom), junior Margie Chamberlin (Land O' Lakes, Fla.), freshman Rosy Murray (Waterlooville, United Kingdom), and freshman Leah Daniel (Winnipeg, Canada) swam a second-place time of 7:26.31, which ranks first all-time in FGCU history.
The Lady Eagles also set some season-best marks of their own. Rosy Murray earned a first-place finish in the 1650 free with a time of 16:59.26, setting school freshman record. Leah Daniel finished second with a time of 16:59.54.
The meet continued Friday, Dec. 5 at 9 a.m. for the preliminaries and 6 p.m. for the event finals.
Results after Day 1
1. Florida Gulf Coast University 169 points
2. Miami University 135 points
3. Illinois,University of,Champai 108 points
4. Emory University 107 points
5. Oakland University 84 points
6. University of CinCinnati 73 points
7. Marshall Univeristy 71 points
8. Denison University 67 points
9. Wright State Raiders 19 points
|Copyright ©2014 FGCU Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.FGCUAthletics.com|