Studd Announces 2012 Swim Camps at FGCU
FORT MYERS, Fla. – FGCU head swimming and diving coach Neal Studd has announced the dates for his 2012 Swim Camps. Studd and his staff will hold three sessions: session 1: June 9 - June 14 Intensive Swim Camp, session 2: June 18 - June 22 for all campers, session 3: July 9 - July 13 for all campers at the FGCU Aquatic Center.
Visit FGCUswimCamp for all your camp needs.
This swim camp focuses on the technique and training necessary to improve in competitive swimming. Particular attention to starts and turns in addition to technique analysis in all four strokes will be worked on day to day. The training component to the camp will depend on the camper's level, but any requests with regards to yardage by parents or coaches can be accommodated. Our expert coaches will give each swimmer the tools to improve in a fun, safe and enthusiastic environment.
WHY THE NEAL STUDD SWIM CAMP AT FLORIDA GULF COAST UNIVERSITY?
• A unique environment, FGCU boasts one of the most beautiful campuses in America, new 50m pool and even its own lake and beach for the ultimate summer experience
• Each camper gets their own room in FGCU's famous on-campus apartments
• Coach Studd has been running swim camps for almost a decade, instilling a winning tradition to competitive swimmers. • Coach Studd's philosophy of positive reinforcement, proper stroke technique, and challenging training
• Staff/swimmer ratio of 1 to 10.
• One conditioning and one stroke/technique daily workouts.
• Evening activities such as sailing, kayaking, beach volleyball, movies and much more.
• Learn from an NCAA division 1 head coach and two time coach of the year and his staff, who will coach and lead all sessions and groups.
• For an additional $45 each camper has the opportunity for a video analysis of their technique both above and underwater, using technique analysis software. These campers will receive a CD of themselves and important technique coaching tips on how to improve. Paid by cash or check at the camp.Private lessons with the coaches also available on a first come first served limited basis at $40 for a half hour or $70 for an hour. Paid by cash or check at the camp.
• Classroom sessions on a range of topics such as, staying motivated, nutrition, mental training, technique and preparing for college swimming.
WHO CAN COME TO CAMP?
• Boys and Girls 7 years of age and older who want to have fun and improve
• Elite swimmers given separate training and instruction
• Personal attention given to each camper
• Coaches may attend with their swimmers
• Enrollment limited to first 80 campers.
Summer 2012 Dates
Session 1: June 9 - June 14 Intensive Swim Camp $100 per day residential or $75 per day for a day camper.
Session 2: June 18 - June 22 for all campers
Session 3: July 9 - July 13 for all campers
COST (for sessions 2 and 3):
Half Day Camper (8:00am-11:30am)
$200 Day Camper (8:00am-4:30pm)
$375 Residential Camper (Overnight) $525
The Green and Blue finished the regular season with an 11-2 dual meet record (4-0 CCSA) and finished their fourth-straight CCSA Championship with their largest margin of victory ever, 300 points better than second place Liberty.
For more information about the FGCU women’s swimming and diving team visit www.FGCUAthletics.com and follow @FGCUSwimandDive on Twitter for more updates.
|Copyright ©2014 FGCU Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.FGCUAthletics.com|