FORT MYERS, Fla. – Reigning Coastal Collegiate Swimming Association Coach of the Year Neal Studd, head swimming and diving coach at FGCU, and his staff have announced the dates for their 2011 Summer Camps for boys and girls ages 7-17.
Camp Website: www.fgcuswimcamp.com
Half Day Camper (8:00am-11:30am): $200
Day Camper (8:00am-4:30pm): $375
Residential Camper (Overnight): $525
June 11 - June 16 Intensive Swim Camp (with Swim Meet Option June 17, 18 and 19)
June 20 - June 24 for all campers
June 25 - June 29 for all campers
ALL THREE SESSIONS ARE CONCURRENT SO YOU CAN STAY FOR TWO OR THREE WEEKS IN A ROW!
Studd’s swim camps focus on the technique and training necessary to improve in competitive swimming. Particular attention to starts and turns in addition to technique analysis in all four strokes will be worked on day-to-day. The training component to the camp will depend on the camper's level, but any requests with regards to yardage by parents or coaches can be accommodated. The camps expert coaches will give each swimmer the tools to improve in a fun, safe and enthusiastic environment.
WHY THE NEAL STUDD SWIM CAMP AT FLORIDA GULF COAST UNIVERSITY?
- A unique environment, FGCU boasts one of the most beautiful campuses in America, a 50 meter pool and even its own lake and beach for the ultimate summer experience
- The staff features two 2008 Olympians as well as Florida's fastest swimmer Pavel Babaev and Manny Noguchi, former Georgia and Michigan State assistant who is now at Wyoming
- Each camper gets their own room in FGCU's famous on-campus apartments
- Coach Studd has been running swim camps for almost a decade, instilling a winning tradition to competitive swimmers
- Coach Studd's philosophy of positive reinforcement, proper stroke technique, and challenging training
- Staff/swimmer ratio of 1 to 10
- Evening activities such as sailing, kayaking, beach volleyball, movies and much more
- Learn from an NCAA Division I head coach and two-time coach of the year and and his staff, who will coach and lead all sessions and groups