|Swimming & Diving » News||» News » Schedule » Roster » Coaches » Statistics » Archive » Prospective Student Athletes|
Studd Announces 2013 Swim Camps at FGCU
FORT MYERS, Fla. – FGCU head swimming and diving coach and four-time CCSA Coach of the Year Neal Studd has announced the dates for his 2013 Swim Camps. Studd and his staff will hold three sessions: session 1: June 8 - June 13 Intensive Swim Camp, session 2: June 17 - June 21 for all campers, session 3: June 22 - June 23 for all campers at the FGCU Aquatic Center.
Visit FGCUswimCamp for all your camp needs.
This swim camp focuses on the technique and training necessary to improve in competitive swimming. Particular attention to starts and turns in addition to technique analysis in all four strokes will be worked on day to day. The training component to the camp will depend on the camper's level, but any requests with regards to yardage by parents or coaches can be accommodated. Our expert coaches will give each swimmer the tools to improve in a fun, safe and enthusiastic environment.
WHY THE NEAL STUDD SWIM CAMP AT FLORIDA GULF COAST UNIVERSITY?
• Swim with Coach Studd a 2012 Head Olympic Coach
• Coach Studd has coached at the London Olympics, World Championships, Pan American Games and the NCAA Division 1 finals. He has placed numerous athletes on national teams all over the world.
• A unique environment, FGCU boasts one of the most beautiful campuses in America, new 50m pool and even its own lake and beach for the ultimate summer experience
• Each camper gets their own room in FGCU's famous on-campus apartments
• Coach Studd has been running swim camps for almost a decade, instilling a winning tradition to competitive swimmers.
• Coach Studd's philosophy of positive reinforcement, proper stroke technique, and challenging training
• Staff/swimmer ratio of 1 to 10.
• One conditioning and one stroke/technique daily workouts.
• Evening activities such as sailing, kayaking, beach volleyball, movies and much more.
• Learn from an NCAA division 1 head coach and two time coach of the year and his staff, who will coach and lead all sessions and groups.
• For an additional $50 each camper has the opportunity for a video analysis of their technique both above and underwater, using technique analysis software. These campers will receive a CD of themselves and important technique coaching tips on how to improve. Paid by cash or check at the camp.Private lessons with the coaches also available on a first come first served limited basis at $40 for a half hour or $70 for an hour. Paid by cash or check at the camp.
• Classroom sessions on a range of topics such as, staying motivated, nutrition, mental training, technique and preparing for college swimming.
WHO CAN COME TO CAMP?
• Boys and Girls 7 years of age and older who want to have fun and improve
• Elite swimmers given separate training and instruction
• Personal attention given to each camper
• Coaches may attend with their swimmers
• Enrollment limited to first 80 campers.
Summer 2013 Dates
Session 1: June 8 - June 13 Intensive Swim Camp - $105 per day residential or $80 per day for a day camper.
Session 2: June 18 - June 22 for all campers – Sold Out but will honor call in commitments they’ve already taken.
Session 3: June 23 - June 26 for all campers
COST (for sessions 2 and 3):
Half Day Camper (8:00am-11:30am) - $200
Day Camper (8:00am-4:30pm) - $385
Residential Camper (Overnight) $545
The Green and Blue finished the regular season with an 9-2 dual meet record (4-0 CCSA) and won their fifth-straight CCSA Championship.
For more information about the FGCU women’s swimming and diving team visit www.FGCUATHLETICS.com and follow @FGCU_WSwim on Twitter for more updates.