June 23-25, 2014 (Mon-Wed)
**Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. Monday, June 23 at Alico Arena**
Monday, June 23: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 24: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Wednesday, June 25: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
(Camp is designed for girls entering grades 5 thru 12 in fall 2014)
1. Campers will be housed in an on-campus, air- conditioned 4-bedroom suite monitored by camp staff. Participants will be separated by age and ability.
2. All units are equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. Campers are welcome to bring food, paper plates, bowls, etc.
3. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided daily. (No dinner provided on the last day of camp, June 25th.)
4. Campers must bring own bed linens for a twin sized bed, towels, toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste).
5. Campers can bring a TV, radio, and money for the camp store.
1. Lunch and dinner will be provided daily. (No dinner will be provided on the last day of camp, June 25)
2. Bring one change of clothes daily.
1. Camp will have certified athletic trainers on hand.
2. It is recommended that campers receive a physical from a family physician before attending camp.
3. Photo copies of medical insurance cards must be brought to registration.
Payments are due in full at time of application.
- Make check in full payable to: FGCU Girls Basketball Camp
- Mail check & insurance card copy to:
Florida Gulf Coast Women's Basketball
Attention: Girls Basketball Camp
10501 FGCU Blvd South
Fort Myers, FL 33965
Space is limited & distributed on a 1st-come basis.
Please note that under conditions or circumstances that NO REFUNDS will be made from the FGCU Girls Basketball Camp.
EMAIL QUESTIONS TO: MELTHOMAS@FGCU.EDU
MEDICAL RELEASE FORM
In consideration of being allowed to participate in this camp, related events, and activities, I hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Florida Gulf Coast University, the Board of Regents of the State of Florida, the State of Florida, and their officers, servants, agents, or employees, Karl Smesko, this camp, and its directors and employees (hereinafter referred to as releasee) from any and all liability, claims, demands, or course of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me/my child, or to any property belonging to me/my child, whether caused by the negligence of the releasee, or otherwise, while participating in the camp, or while in, on or upon the premises where the camp is being conducted.
To the best of my knowledge, I/my child am/is in good physical condition and I am not aware of any physical infirmity which would place me/my child at risk to participate in any way with camp activities. I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with the camp. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risk of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me/my child, or any loss or damage to property owned by me/my child as a result of being engaged in the camp’s activities, whether caused by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise. I further here-by agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasee from any loss, liability, damage, or cost, including court costs and attorney’s fees, that may accrue related to me/my child’s participation in this camp, whether caused by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
During the period of the camp, I hereby give permission for the staff of Florida Gulf Coast University or this camp to administer appropriate medical attention to me/my child in the event of an accident, illness or injury. I will be responsible for any and all costs of medical coverage and treatment provided not covered by insurance. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the member of my family and my spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a release, waiver, discharge and covenant not to sue the above named releasee. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. In signing this release, I acknowledge and represent that I have read and understand it and sign it voluntarily; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by the same.