BEAUMONT, Cal. - At the Lady Braveheart Challenge hosted by the University of California-Riverside, the FGCU women's golf squad finished in tenth place.
The participating schools were California Polytechnic State, Winthrop, California Baptist, Cal-Riverside, Jacksonville, CSU-San Marcos, Portland, Santa Clara, FGCU, British Columbia, Utah Valley, CSU-Monterey Bay, Montana State, Southern Utah and CSU-Bakersfield.
The 36-hole event was played at the Oak Valley Golf Club. The teams played 18 holes on Monday (Feb. 11) and a final 18 on Tuesday (Feb. 12).
The Eagles recorded a composite team score of 672 during the tournament’s 36 holes. Cal Poly took the team tourney title with a 629 (+53), 16 strokes ahead of second place.
Heather Hagerman (New Port Richey, Fla.) was the Eagles' top finisher in the two-day event turning in a 20-over 164 which placed her in tie for 25th place overall. Her low round of the tournament was a 79 that she scored in the final round of the tourney.
Maria Venot (Caracas, Venezuela) came in second on FGCU's scorecard with a two-round total of 167 (+23), which tied her for 37th individually. Venot’s best round was an 82, which she shot in Monday’s round.
Amber Pedersen (St. Petersburg, Fla.) finished third on the Eagles scored card with a two-round total of 168 (+24), which tied her for 41st individually. Pedersen’s best round was an 83, which she shot in the final round on Tuesday.
Cassie Sherron (Cape Coral, Fla.) and Natalie Lueck (Beaver Falls, Pa.) recorded scores of 175 and 177, respectively. Sherron tied for 65th and Lueck tied for 73rd overall. Sherron’s best round of 86 came in the first round of the tourney, while Lueck had her best round of the tourney during the first 18 holes when she recorded an 84.
Cal Poly’s Stephanie Yocum took the tourney's individual title with a seven-over 151, one stroke ahead of Adriana Niclotti (California Baptist) and Kaitlin Troop (Univ. of British Columbia).
The women's golf squad will be back out on the course on Feb. 25 in the Fighting Camel Classic, which will be held in Buies Creek, N.C.
2007 Pat Bradley Women’s Golf Championship
6,089 yards : Par 72
Oak Valley Golf Club: Beaumont, Cal.
1) Cal Poly – 313+316=629 (+53)
2) San Diego State Univ – 324+321=645 (+69)
3) Winthrop University – 325+327=652 (+76)
4) California Baptist – 324+331=655 (+79)
5) UC – Riverside – 326+330=656 (+80)
6) Jacksonville Univ. – 325+332=657 (+81)
T7) CSU-San Marcos – 326+332=658 (+82)
T7) Portland, U. of – 323+335=658 (+82)
9) Santa Clara Univ. - 325+335=660 (+84)
10) Florida Gulf Coast – 336+336=672 (+96)
11) British Columbia, U. – 331+345=676 (+100)
12) Utah Valley Univ. – 352+343=695 (+119)
13) CSU-Monterey Bay – 342+358=700 (+124)
14) Montana State Univ. – 358+350=708 (+132)
15) Southern Utah Univ. - 362+354=716 (+140)
16) CSU-Bakersfield – 369+368=737 (+161)