|Women's Soccer » News||» News » Schedule » Roster » Coaches » Statistics » Archive|
Wacker Named College Soccer 360 Primetime Performer
FORT MYERS, Fla. – After scoring two goals, including the game-winner in double-overtime to clinch A-Sun Tournament and send FGCU to the NCAA tournament, freshman forward Shannen Wacker (Parker, Colo./Ponderosa HS) has been named a Primetime Performer by College Soccer 360 (CS360), announced by the media outlet on Wednesday.
The award for Wacker marks the second time an FGCU women’s soccer player has been honored after senior goalkeeper Stephanie Powers (Seffner, Fla./Armwood HS) made the list on Aug. 29.
Selection for the CS360 weekly awards is based on any/all of the following "primetime" criteria:
• Must have been playing in a game involving a top-50 team from the CS360 Composite National Rankings (or in a game involving a preseason conference favorite/leader), or performed at a high level in a game that is key to the team's postseason qualification/participation.
• In general, preference is given based on the quality of the opponent and situational factors involved in the player's accomplishments.
• Exhibited strong leadership and/or involved in clutch performances, such as game-winning goals, noteworthy comebacks, late scores, momentum-shifting play, team spirit, etc.
• Overcame adversity or extreme circumstances (for the team and/or individual).
• Bonus consideration is given for key performances away from team's home field.
Wacker opened the weekend with a goal against North Florida on Friday night, as FGCU advanced to the finals of the A-Sun tournament with a 2-1 victory. In the championship game, she came up with the golden goal in the 107th minute to give the Eagles their first-ever A-Sun Tournament Championship and was named the MVP of the tournament for her efforts.
The Green and Blue will face Florida in the first round of the NCAA College Cup on Saturday at 7 p.m. at James G. Pressly Stadium in Gainesville, Fla.
Live stats and in-game Twitter updates (@FGCUEagles), box scores and recaps will be available at www.FGCUAthletics.com.
CS360 PRIMETIME PLAYERS (WEEK 13)
Monica Lee, Army (Sr., GK)
Katy Frierson, Auburn (Sr., MF)
Shannen Wacker, FGCU (Fr., F)
Tiffany McCarty, FSU (Jr., F)
Marrissa Mykines, Illinois (Sr., MF)
Kyla Cross, Illinois State (So., F)
Alex Balcer, Long Beach State (Jr., D)
Jennifer Bannon, Long Island (Jr., GK)
Stephanie Ochs, San Diego (Sr., F)
Lucy Pater, Tennessee-Martin (Fr., D)
Lauren Frazier, Texas State (Sr., GK)
*-Primetime Player of the Week