FGCU Women's Tennis Falls to Nova Southeastern
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Nova Southeastern University took five of the six singles matches to pull out a 6-3 win Sunday over Florida Gulf Coast University in women’s tennis action at the FGCU Tennis Complex.
After losing at No. 1 doubles, the Eagles came back to pick up win at second and third doubles for a 2-1 lead. Senior Izabela Ciensinska (Mississauga, Ontario) and sophomore Jonalea Hileman (Fort Worth, Tex.) won a tough 8-6 match at No. 2 and senior Angie Mykieta (Bremen, Germany) and freshman Brett Kinley (Boynton Beach, Fla.) followed with an easy 8-2 win at No. 3 doubles.
The Knights rallied to capture the first five singles matches to improve to 12-10.
Freshman Lesley Anne Passolt picked up the Eagles lone singles victory with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Simin Schmitz at the No. 6 position.
FGCU (12-10) is back in action at Division I South Florida on Monday afternoon in Tampa.
1. Tsippy Waterman (NSU) def. Maria Maggiorini (FGCU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Stephanie Gribi (NSU) def. Jonalea Hileman (FGCU) 6-2, 6-3
3. Andrea Moncade (NSU) def. Izabela Ciesinska (FGCU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Anna Schmidtmann (NSU) def. Krista Polulak (FGCU) 6-3, 6-1
5. Angie Mykieta (FGCU) def. Jessica Homerlein (NSU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Simin Schmitz (NSU) def. Lesley Anne Passolt (FGCU) 6-2, 6-2
1. Gribi/Waterman (NSU) def. Maggiorini/Polulak (FGCU) 8-1
2. Hileman/Ciesinska (FGCU) def. Moncada/Homerlein (NSU) 8-6
3. Kinley/Mykieta (FGCU) def. Schmidtmann/Schmitz (NSU) 8-2