|Women's Tennis » News||» News » Schedule » Roster » Coaches » Statistics » Archive|
Women's Tennis Defeated 5-2 by Eastern Michigan
FORT MYERS, Fla. – The Lady Eagle tennis team lost to Eastern Michigan University Wednesday afternoon by a score of 5-2. The Eagles were without Maggie Caulk and Eva Sambrano on the courts due to injury. "Being without two of our key players was difficult today as many of the girls were forced to play at higher positions," said head coach Jennifer Gabou. "We will take advantage of the next couple of off days to prepare for Duequesne next Tuesday." After losing the doubles point Priscillia Villemond went on to squeeze out a 4-6, 6-3, 10-7 win against Miriam Westerink while freshman Brittany Wadsworth defeated Rumbidzai Muskwe on court six with a score of 7-5, 6-4.
The Eagles will be back in action next Tuesday, March 3rd, as they take on Duquesne at the FGCU Tennis Complex at noon.
1)Westerink/Woo def. Villemond/Evans 8-3
2) Ahuja/Chang def. Power/Wadsworth 8-3
3) St. John/Johnson def. Rivero/Muskwe 8-2
1) Priscillia Villemond def. MiriamWesterink 4-6, 6-3, 10-7
2) Karina Ahuja def. Jen Evans 6-2, 6-1
3) Xu Chang def. Joanne Power 6-4, 6-1
4) Joanna Woo def. Heather St. John 6-2, 6-1
5) Marcela Rivero def. Leah Johnson 6-2, 6-2
6) Brittany Wadsworth def. Rumbidzai Muskwe 7-5, 6-4